Herbed Lobster Linguine
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole shallots, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen spring peas, thawed (so they are snappy)
- 1 1/2 lbs Maine lobster ( I used 2) steamed, meat removed
1. Set up a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, sweat shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Add the salt, pepper, tomato puree and cream; stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Once the salted water comes to a full boil, cook the linguine for 1 minute less than the package instructions, about 10 minutes.
4. Using tongs, remove the pasta from the water once cooked al dente and add it directly to the pan with the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese directly on the plain pasta then toss to coat in sauce. Add up to 1 cup of the pasta water to loosen up the sauce as needed.
5. Stir in the fresh basil, tarragon, peas and cooked lobster meat; simmer until everything is heated through, about 1-2 minutes . Serve with additional Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon if desired. Enjoy!!